How to use the Dial-A-Bus
Call 24 hours in advance to schedule a ride on the Dial-A-Bus. Give your name, address, phone number and your requested time of pick-up. If you have an appointment or are wanting to catch the Linn Shuttle, be sure to inform the operator. If going to the doctor's office or grocery store, you may schedule your return trip or call when ready.
The Sweet Home Dial-A-Bus serves the area from Crawfordsville to Cascadia and as far west as the area covered by School District #55 (Santiam Terrace & Hwy 20).
Cost of ride
Rides are $1.00 one-way. Ten ride tickets are available for $10.00.
Rides From Crawfordsville or Cascadia are $2.00 each way.
Children 12 and above or traveling alone: $1.00. Children under the age of 12 ride free in the company of an adult. No child less than 40 lbs. will be permitted to ride without being fastened in a car seat. Riders must provide their own car seat.
Hours of Operation
Dial-A-Bus operates from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday thru Friday. If you need to connect to the Linn Shuttle's 6:45 a.m. run, call us 24 hours in advance so that we many schedule you for an early pick up. There is telephone voicemail so you may leave messages requesting or canceling a ride at your convenience. We do not operate on weekends or holidays.
The Dial-A-Bus is lift equipped and drivers are trained to assist persons with disabilities.
How to Ride
1. Call Ahead: Call the day ahead to schedule your ride, one way or round trip.
2. Be ready Be ready for pick up at least 15 minutes early. As a dial-a-ride, we cannot always arrive exactly at the time scheduled. Allow 15 minutes either side of your scheduled pick up time.
3. Be Mindful of Amount. Please limit your packages to two grocery bags.
4. Have correct change. Our drivers do not carry change, so be sure you have correct change or a ticket.
5. Let us know. If you have a special situation, let us know. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.